Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 80 mins
- 2 large baking potatoes
- medium leek
- tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 80g vegetarian cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 40g vegetarian mature Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4. Bake the potatoes until cooked through, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- When the potatoes have nearly finished baking, prepare the leek by slicing it almost in half lengthways, then fan it out under a running tap to wash away any trapped dirt. Slice each half into four lengthways, then cut into 5mm slices.
- Blanch the leek by plunging into a pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan over a low heat for a couple of minutes, watching them carefully so they do not burn. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes have finished baking, cut them in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Retain the potato skins for later.
- Add the cream cheese and milk to the bowl with the potato flesh, season with black pepper, and mix together with a fork.
- Fill each of the four potato skins with the potato and cheese mixture, then top first with the leeks, followed by the grated Cheddar cheese.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with pumpkin seeds and serve.
Energy: 434 kcals Protein: 21.5g Carbohydrate: 49.3g of which sugars: 5.1g Fat: 15.7g Of which saturates: 7.6g
Fibre: 7.6g Salt: 0.9g
©The Vegetarian Society, recipe from Happy, Healthy and Delicious cookbook
Si King and Dave Myers, aka The Hairy Bikers, are getting involved in National Vegetarian Week 15-21 May 2017!
Visit nationalvegetarianweek.org to get your free poster packs and sign up for newsletters.